This position reports directly to the Production Manager. This position is responsible for managing the production staff to produce a product that meets the standards of North Shore Greenhouses and deliver a high quality product to the market place. The Grower/Food Safety Specialist ensures food safety and food security rules and procedures are followed at all times.
- Monitor Priva on a daily basis, ask questions when necessary, and document findings in conjunction with growing history.
- Report to and work with the County Agricultural Commissioner and file monthly pesticide use reports
- Maintain and improve our Integrated Pest Management Program
- Oversee the Mother Block for Cuttings production
- Research and assist with issues pertaining to cutting propagation.
- Keep weekly records of Growing Times by varieties throughout the year.
- Monitor plant health.
- Recommend environmental or watering schedule changes.
- Maintain growing supply levels/inventory and reorder it as needed.
- Responsible for organizing and documenting trials requested by management.
- Responsible for alarms on duty weeks.
- Schedule weekly and daily sows of all seed and cutting products. Communicate changes with staff when necessary.
- Monitor data from harvest and planting reports that are completed by greenhouse and packing staff
- Oversee Herb Inventory. Monitor short term and long term availability.
- Manage and make efforts to minimize production shrink
- Monitor inventory of production seed as well as responsible for re-ordering stock.
- Research, document and trial potential new product lines recommended by the Sales and Marketing.
Food Safety and Security:
- Responsible for updating and maintaining Food Safety Program in compliance with our current Global Gap certification.
- Verify documentation and SOP’s are followed to company and certification standards; file documents for auditors review.
- Organize Food Recall Team; update manuals and emergency contacts.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating both copies (Sales and Production) of the Quality Control Manual.
- Supervise Quality Control and Inventory personnel.
- Documentation of product shelf life trials for all products.
- Active listening— Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking— using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making— Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring— Monitor and assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Coordination— adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Management of Personnel Resources— Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Social Perceptiveness— Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking— talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Operation Monitoring— watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine are working properly.
- Time Management— managing one’s own time and the time of others.
North Shore Greenhouses, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should reply with a cover letter and resume to Ashley Cullen-Carroll at email@example.com. Only qualified applicants will be considered.