As North Shore Sales Manager, you will be responsible for retaining and cultivating the relationships to achieve agreed upon Revenue and Profit Goals for the company. You will have the opportunity to serve as an important leader on the management team, develop products, implement sales strategies, new distribution channels, manage sales budgets as well as oversee and develop the sales department. To be successful in this role it will be important for you to collaborate with all Team members, especially the Marketing and Production Managers.
The Sales Manager is responsible for the direction and management of all sales and business development operations, including, market competitiveness, pricing, distribution and channel strategy. The Sales Manager will drive the company’s achievement of its customer acquisition, retention, revenue and gross profit goals.
Performance objectives will be agreed upon yearly and adjusted quarterly with VP.
- Develop annual sales strategic business plans to drive revenue and increase market share; in collaboration with Marketing Manager as far as vision and goals.
- Create a culture of success with ongoing business and goal achievement.
- Create a culture of high sense of urgency- our product line is fresh and perishable and needs to be handled with urgency.
- Assess market potential and identify new business opportunities and synergies.
- Provides expertise to the company by building, developing, and managing sales teams capable of carrying out strategies and tactics.
- Develop and implement sales cycle and methodology based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the customer base.
- Lead with compelling strategic vision that is in alignment with the organization’s short and long-term goals.
- Be a role model for the company culture.
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist for all solutions, working with the sales team, production team, and key customers as necessary.
- Become known as an employer of choice and a sales force that top salespeople want to join.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting communications.
- Introduction of new items to market.
- Leverage customer insights to identify business opportunities.
- Propose projects that will increase market share or create new categories of applications.
- Calculate and make critical time-to-market vs. new feature tradeoff decisions.
- Support pricing, business models, and product naming and merchandising.
- Work with Market Development to develop the go-to-market strategy, helping all to understand product positioning, key benefits, and target client needs.
- Oversee customer care and product field installation teams.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners to develop key relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related area required, MBA highly preferred.
- Demonstrated career stability.
- 8+ years of sales management experience.
- Experience with specific sales funnel management and structuring sales quota and revenue expectations.
- Experience with customer service and customer care.
- Experience with product field installation teams.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Strong planning and analysis skills to perform quantitative data analysis.
- A change agent with highly evolved influencing skills.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and passion for managing projects to conclusion on time.
- Excellent organization, communication and presentation skills.
- Computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Office, especially spreadsheets, database and forecasting tools. Proficient in the use of CRM software.
- Excellent Presentation abilities; Simple and effective communication.
Desired Behavioral Competencies:
- Impact and influence — works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over (influencing product group and R&D)
- Achievement Motivation — sets high standards and objectives
- Listening, understanding, responding — an effective and articulate communicator
- Team Leadership — effective at building support, thinks team first, promotes success in terms of team as well as individual success, and is adept at creating a shared vision
- Decision-making — makes good decisions based on sound understanding and evaluation of relevant information; gathers information and involves others as appropriate
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team-oriented environment.
- Entrepreneurial, positive, enthusiastic, energetic, with a good sense of humor
North Shore Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should reply to Ashley Cullen-Carroll at email@example.com