North Shore Greenhouses, a privately owned culinary herb grower, shipper and marketer located in the beautiful Coachella Valley is looking for a Maintenance Technician.
The Maintenance Technician is a key player in our maintenance team. In this role the maintenance tech will be assisting in the daily repairs and general maintenance of greenhouse equipment, transportation equipment, and facilities. One will work under the direct supervision of the Facilities Maintenance Manager. In this role they will have the opportunity to work with innovative greenhouse technology and assist in future agricultural projects.
Our products are grown hydroponically in greenhouses that utilize solar power and geothermal energy helping us to be the first herb grower in the United States to be Sustainably Grown Certified. Our facility is very proud of our record of over a year accident free. At the root of everything we do is a culture of innovation, quality, and utilizing earth-friendly practices. Be part of a growing company within an industry that is increasingly important to a healthy lifestyle.
- To keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day to day maintenance of the equipment under the direction of Maintenance Supervisor.
- To continually support and improve maintenance services that effectively address problems affecting both equipment and staff.
- Efficiency with the use computers with the most important programs being Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Excel.
- Manage repair and maintenance project and facility improvements by effectively coordinating and planning all tasks in advance of beginning any project. Utilize all possible resources. Coordinate efforts with production and other affected departments.
- All employees must realize and be aware that at times it may be necessary to adjust schedule based on the demands of the facility. In addition, it is understood that business determines the amount of hours that are worked, and that some weeks may be scheduled at more than 50 hours.
- Emergencies – to be available for any emergencies and act in a maintenance capacity during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the facility to its normal operating status. To inform maintenance Management of any such emergencies.
- Accident Prevention and Safety – to be aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analysis and to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe work environment for others.
- Records – to read, log, track and interpret readings from meters, gauges, and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur.
- Neatness and cleanliness of the maintenance shop and all areas under the direct control of the department.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions as well as extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Specific Job Pre-Requisites and Knowledge:
Education: High School Certificate plus 2 years of maintenance experience
Licenses: Have and maintained a valid Driver License
Specific experience in electrical is desired.
Interested candidates should reply to Ashley Cullen-Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified applicants will be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time