North Shore Core Values:
- Integrity (respectful, trustworthy, truthful, incorruptible, scrupulous, moral, ethical)
- Self-Driven (ambitious, passionate, determined, committed, hardworking, capable, confident, knowledgeable, courageous)
- Disciplined (decisive, persistent, efficient, organized, practical)
- Resourceful (innovative, proactive, curious, sense of urgency, gritty)
- Responsible (high standards, punctual, accountable, ownership, concise, professional, loyalty)
- Collaborative (team-oriented, service-driven, caring, positive, upbeat, fun, friendly, grateful, open minded, empathetic, generous)
- Genuine (open, transparent, honest, frank, candid, unpretentious, humble, sincere, down to earth)
North Shore Greenhouses, an exciting company offering a premier line of Living Herbs is looking for a Maintenance Manager. The Facilities Maintenance Manager will supervise, plan, purchase materials and assist in budgeting process for all aspects of the day to day general maintenance and repair of greenhouse equipment, transportation equipment and facilities. The position supports Production department objectives by keeping production equipment operating efficiently and ensures Company facilities are maintained to Company standards.
North Shore is a privately-owned culinary herb grower, shipper, and marketer located in beautiful Coachella Valley in Southern California. Our products are grown hydroponically in greenhouses that utilize solar power and geothermal energy, helping us to be the first herb grower in the United States to be Sustainably Grown Certified. At the root of everything we do is a culture of innovation, quality, and utilizing earth-friendly practices. In fact, our roots are so important that we leave them on our consumer-packaged products, so they are delivered on shelf as the freshest herbs available in the market. Be part of a growing company within an industry that is increasingly important to a healthy lifestyle.
- Responsible for supervising that all Preventative Maintenance schedules are followed and documented
- Responsible for supervising that all Preventative Vehicle Service Maintenance schedules are followed and documented. Maintain logbooks for each.
- Establish job priorities and time frames for Maintenance Staff.
- Have a well-trained, efficient, dependable, and honest crew.
- Responsible for training staff on equipment, task procedures, work standards and proper safety procedures
- Give direction, display leadership, provide training and guidance, and promote teamwork within the maintenance team
- Responsible for maintenance budget objectives. Manage maintenance budget including monitoring inventory parts and expenses.
- Responsible for maintaining spare parts inventory in an organized manner.
- Have a full set of tools in perfect working condition to do all jobs required in our facility.
- Responsible for workplace safety insuring that your crew works safely without accidents including Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
- Understand the scope of work required for project management.
- Submit requisitions to Purchasing for purchase of parts from approved vendors at competitive prices.
- Strong supervisory abilities, Strong people skills, Teamwork oriented
- Ability to motive the team and work efficiently
- Discreet handling of all business and employee matters (maintaining confidentiality at all levels is a must); excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills; able to work well under pressure and meet various deadlines; must be extremely well organized and able to multitask.
- Ability to utilize computer software, Microsoft suite
- Strong Background of Safety Practices
- Punctual, reliable and available during emergencies
- Strong problem and decision-making skills.
- In depth electrical knowledge / ability to read blueprints / troubleshoot controls is a plus.
- Willing to do the work, “not afraid to get your hands dirty”
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach daily
- Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Work outdoors in inclement weather in degrees less than 32F-90F+; often standing, walking, sitting, kneeling, turning, reaching or climbing for long periods of time.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5-year minimum direct work experience in an upper-level project management capacity, including all aspects of progress development and execution.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Current do not use Microsoft Project, Auto CAD LT.
- Demonstrate experience in personnel management.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend hours may be required as job duties demand.
If you have the experience and motivation to make it happen, please email your resume and brief cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great addition to our team to Ashley Cullen-Carroll at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V