North Shore Greenhouses, a privately owned culinary herb grower, shipper and marketer located in the beautiful Coachella Valley is looking for a Human Resource Manager.
Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much – Helen Keller
As Human Resource Manager at North Shore, yours is a vital role in helping all of our employees work together and accomplish more! This department effectively communicates our core values, and acts on them to clearly follow through on our vision to “inspire others to cook with fresh ingredients” proficiently. In this role you will develop policies, direct and coordinate human resource activities, such as employment, compensation, benefits, compliance, training, and employee services. You will be supervising a team and overseeing the safety program for the company.
Our Family Farm produces the freshest culinary herbs, in state-of-the-art technologically advanced greenhouses that utilize solar power, geothermal energy and recirculating water. We are the first herb grower in the United States to be Sustainably Grown Certified. Our facility is very proud of our employees and works collectively. At the root of everything we do is a culture of innovation, quality, and utilizing earth-friendly practices. Be part of a growing company within an industry that is increasingly important to a healthy lifestyle!
- Create and Maintains HR systems
- Responsible to identify and act on legal requirements for our Agricultural farm, government reporting regulations, ensuring proper policies, procedures, reporting is accurate and timely.
- Responsible for company overall Training programs – specifically management training, supervisor training and overall safety and work site training.
- Works with management in appropriate resolution of employee relation issues.
- Maintenance of record keeping – employee schedules, recording of hours, training of time systems and any system upgrades.
- Responsible for OSHA Safety program and IIPP updates. Investigates prepares reports for insurance carrier. Ensures safety meetings are held and records are kept
- Planning and conducting new employee orientation to welcome new employees.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, conducts exit interviews
- Represents Company in all HR Related instances
- Retaining talent and maintaining company culture
- Updating the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) – Master List and organization and follow up on annual reviews of same.
- Management Team member
- Must demonstrate the highest level of integrity, ethical behavior and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Able to manage and mentor direct reports, with the ability to train others to do same
- Must have attention to detail and great organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people, Spanish speaking is helpful not
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university
- Seven years of progressively responsible HR experience, including a leadership role
- Fluent in California Labor Law
- Human Resource Certification PHR or SPHR preferred
- Spanish and agricultural background is a plus
If you have the experience and are motivated to help our company grow and work better together, please email your resume and brief cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great addition to our team to email@example.com, attention Ashley Cullen-Carroll.